TDR Members, Issue 76 was mailed from the printer’s facility on April 30, 2012. Please allow 10 – 14 days for delivery to your mailbox.
Issue 76 is destined to be one of your favorites. How so? Remember the one-year long, everything you ever wanted to know about engine lube oils expose written by John Martin back in 2007 (TDR Issues 54 – 58)? Its focus was on the change from the oil specification CI+4 to CJ. John helped us to understand why the change was not necessarily for the better. For the most part you can no longer purchase the old CI+4 specification oil. So who has the best CJ lubricant? John helps us find out in his article, “Lube Oils – Version 2012.”
Another reason that Issue 76 is one of our favorites is an article that looks at fuel transfer pumps for the Third Generation trucks with specific emphasis on the ’05 and newer trucks, which have the transfer pump in the fuel tank. Inspired by TDR Writer, David Magnoli’ s dual fuel transfer pump arrangement (Issue 69, page 67, “Parallel (Duplicate) Lift Pumps”), I crawled under my 2010 truck and installed a duplicate transfer pump and filter. I hope you will learn something from my trials by reading “Fool Transfer Pump Retrofit.”
As the theme for Issue 76, I asked the writers to cite any articles, website discussions, or unique truck items that they might have seen at a show or rally and tell us how they were inspired to make a change to their truck. You will be entertained and enlightened by their responses.
What else is in Issue 76?
- A continuation of our discussion on the price of gasoline versus diesel fuel in our “BITW” column.
- Writer Greg Whale talks about a “Bunch of Whiners.”
- Writer Mark Barnes discusses “Customer Service.”
- Writer Kevin Cameron tells us about “Piston Evolution.”
- Writers John Holmes, Andy Redmond, Jim Anderson, Joe Donnelly and Scott Dalgleish give us lots of service, parts and accessory updates in their columns.
- Writer Robert Patton gives you a follow up on accessories installed on the 2010 project, Mr. Schwarz.
And on the cover of Issue 76, check out Jerry Jason's truck as he splashes his way through the Gulf of Mexico. Nice shot, Jerry!
Enjoy Issue 76, and please spread the word about our membership group.
Editor, Turbo Diesel Register