It is that time of year again. No, you have not missed a birthday or anniversary. It is time to submit your best photograph for the Turbo Diesel Register’s 7th annual calendar contest.
Our annual calendar contest was introduced in 2007, and much to our surprise, the member response and photo quality were outstanding. We have seen enthusiasm for this competition grow each year since. And with the popularity of digital photography, the overall quality of the photographs continue to improve.Here is your chance to have your truck featured in the 2013 TDR Calendar
. Participation is easy. Just send us your photograph! No sweat. Clean up your rig. Take it out and position against a scenic backdrop, or put it to work. Then wait for cloud cover or for the daybreak/twilight hour so that there are not any dreaded shadows.
Capture your rig with a digital camera with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi (the bigger, the better) or send us an old-fashioned print photograph.
Some tips from the judges:
Submit the photo(s) by mail, e-mail or FTP to the TDR offices by Friday, September 14, 2012
- Action shots are really hard to pass up.
- Photographs with interesting backgrounds (oil rigs, vintage signs, breathtaking vistas) are popular with the judges too.
- Photographs that represent a specific season or holiday seem to be winners. Who could pass up a photo of a truck loaded with pumpkins for the October or November spread? What about some fireworks in the background?
- Extreme weather (snow, rain, lightning) adds action to the photograph.
- Trucks at work (or play) almost always make it to the final round. That’s why we own our trucks anyway, right?
- Take care to make sure photographs are clear and do not have any junk in the background. We frequently see power poles appearing to grow out of a truck bed and McDonalds Kids Meal boxes in the windows.
.Be sure to include your full name, mailing address, and some information on your truck with your submittion.Mail
your print photographs to: Turbo Diesel Register, 2013 Calendar Contest, 1150 Samples Industrial Drive, Cumming, GA 30041.
photographs to: email@example.com
Or to set up an FTP upload
, contact Robin Patton at firstname.lastname@example.org
. She will provide you with a link to upload your photo directly to our office. Remember, the deadline for submitting photos: Sunday, September 14, 2012.
This year we will be uploading each submission to the Turbo Diesel Register’s website for your review.
We look forward to seeing all of those truly great photographs.