Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nick05

why do i keep getting this code? it's an internal pcm low voltage i think. i have my co-pilot and quad box tapped into the tps/apps wire. could it be too much load on the circut? i had the code cleared and now a month later it's back. although i did unplug the quad wire and reconnected it. could that trigger anything like this?

i'm confused on what to do. any help appreciated.

nick

nick05 , Nov 5, 2006
  2. Bob4x4

That code is an ECM internal failure... ... ..... Replace the ecm is the only fix D/C recomends if it comes back after clearing.

Bob

Bob4x4 , Nov 5, 2006
  3. Whiskey

Bob did you read this yet???
    http://www.tdr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170218

whiskey

Whiskey , Nov 5, 2006
  4. Bob4x4

It can be very frustrating dealing with star,their job is to test your patience at times ;) then eventually after jumping through hoops you get what you need... ... .....

Bob

Bob4x4 , Nov 5, 2006
  5. nick05

is the pcm a lemon or the whole truck? i've got too much into this to give it back. plus i don't want the dealer working on my truck. is this the only way to fix the pcm, is take it to the dealer? and i then would have to remove my boxes right?

i also don't know if they'll take care of it because of my aftermarket trans. dealer might say warrenty is voided. so then what?

could all my running lights and boxes be too much drain on the circut for the pcm? sorry just trying to avoid the dealer.

thanks for the assistance fellas.

nick05 , Nov 6, 2006
  6. Bob4x4

Once you start modding your truck things can get complicated fast. I always tell people if you aren't willing to risk the warranty leave it stock and live with what you bought. The running lights will have no affect on the ECM your add on boxes may. Even the rail pressure gauge can bring your truck to its knees if it gets shorted. Theese new trucks are a bit sensitive :-laf

Bob

Bob4x4 , Nov 6, 2006