Dump Trailer Won't Go Down

I have a BIG problem. My dump trailer will not go down. It is a power up/power down. It doesn't make any "electrical click" when you hit the down button. I know it is not the remote. I have 2 of them and neither one works. I figured it is the selinoid. But is there any way to get it down manually until I can get a new one on Monday? Please help I hate having my hydro shaft exposed to the elements. -Jason
    2001 3/4 4WD Quad Cab short box silver muffer missing,eaAU4510 air filter, Cobra 29 CB / ADI 2 meter ham, firestick antennas, TRUXEDO Bed cover
    WIFES:1998 JEEP Cherokee Classic RED
    DAUGHTERS: 2006 BARBIE 4wheeler PINK
    TOY-2000 Honda Foreman 450S ATV
    GLTDR MEMBER
    AMSOIL DEALER 317-402-1975

The down motion on most dump trailers is just a bleed to let the hydraulic oil go back to the tank and the pump doesn't run. . . . . .

I'd set the safety up. . . and use an ohm meter to test the wiring from the plug back to the pump assembly. . . . .

Usually they are a 3 wire system. . . . one wire is a power lead and the other two are going back to the pump. . . .

One wire trips a solenoid to power the pump in the up position and the other wire trips the drain back to the tank. . .

Usually there is enough oil on the shaft of the cylinder so you don't have to worry about the weather. . . .

These are straight forward systems but don't work on the system if its under the dump bed unless you have the safety up. . . .
    Jim

Retired Roaming America, 05 3500 4x4 Dually Molten Red stick, 125K miles, PacBrake Exhaust Brakes, 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 05 Honda Rincon 650 ATV, 2001 Honda Goldwing

If you are not electrically inclined then I would just loosen the the hydraulic hose to the ram , put a drain pan underneath
    2004.5 LWB 2wd , Volant cold air intake,custom H.I.D.'s w/Fogzilla 15,000 lumens forward lighting, 3" front lift ,Triple Pillar Gauges, Amsoil Dual Remote Bypass, CFM+ Intake. SMARTY JR. Straight piped, Goerend Trans parts

Good Judgment Comes From Experience

Experience Comes From Bad Judgment

Look for a broken wire end, that has happened to me.

Good Luck

Cliff
    2001.5 Black Sport 4x4 Q-cab 6-Speed HO,3.54 - (((See Profile for))) - My Truck -Owner Operator ( Old Chickies Hill Auto Transport Inc. )

Lots of hydraulic servos have manual drain back feature.

Take close look at valve/manifold assy for stamped arrow and/or letters DRAIN with nut locked set screw or T-handle.

Loosening ram drain back line could result in FAST down with lots of sprayed oil.

In my career working around hydro servos every now and again in some machine room on the wall would be a oil outline of a person. . . ,
    2007 5.9 3500 SRW 4wd Auto Shorty Quad Silver. 2006.5 5.9 2500 4wd Auto Long Bed Reg Cab Molten Red. 2002 FLHT.