1. therabbittree TDR MEMBER

Getting there
    [​IMG]#ad

Worked on the Transfer case shift lever set up. I didn't have a G56 shift lever so i had to fab up a mount using the trans case bolts. I modified a 7.3 zf6 leaver assembly. I had to cut the part with the lever mount down so it didn't stick out as far. also the transfer case adapter added space between lever and transfer case so I either had to cut the long lever, or modify the trans side. I re did the trans side since I was pulling it on and off to weld etc. Works great.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

I have a fast cooler on the drivers side instead of passenger where it would work better as the exhaust is tight on passenger side. I bought a set of 1/2" plexiglass pto covers from Ahale back a few years ago. It looks neat. also added aground strap to trans. I have heard the g56 can have some electrolisis issues with the gears and this may help. its cheap and easy so why not. using 50wt synthetic gear lube from Supers. no atf and filled transfer case with it too. Passenger side of trans has a eaton pto filter setup. I have a drive shaft / yoke driven gear lube pump from a circle track 9" ford rear I want to adapter and use it to run a gear lube cooler . I hope to mess with that in the summer.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Thanks,
    Deo

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
    therabbittree , Dec 21, 2014
  2. therabbittree TDR MEMBER

Any one who has dealt with a superduty manual transfer case boot know the screws are a pain to deal with and always fill with dirt and can't be removed. so i ditched them and used 2 1/2" 8/32 pan head bolts so i can remove the boot in the future. It is still hard to do and had to use small vise grips to hold the locking nut under the truck and lining up the hols is tough especially in freezing weather on a thick vinyl floor..
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Swapped in a set of the 2005 and up harley style headlights. Used the Eagle eye brand. In order to fit the older header panel you have to cut it out. I used a dremel. Leaving them loose till I am done with my Snow plow wiring.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Working on Snow Plow Mount next.
    Thanks,
    Deo

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
  3. DVolk

Were did you get the fuel line at and what is the plastic fuel line ?

DVolk , Dec 21, 2014
  4. therabbittree TDR MEMBER

Don,
    The Plastic line it regular eaton synflex plastic Air brake line. Same as any other plastic air brake line onder other names etc. You can get it at any Heavy Truck repair shop, or good supply store. its is easy to work with repairable with a razor and a union fitting on side of the road. its cheap $ wise. only down far is it can melt if you burn it torching or welding next to it and slag falls on it.
    The Stainless line is Telfon lined hose available from many sources I used Aeroquip. Earl's, Jegs, Summit, etc all sell similar spec Telfon lined stainless shealthed hose. I like the Telfon lined hose as it does not break down and chunk out or degrade like rubber hose in normal stainless AN line. and the fittings are much easier to use and are reuseable. I get alot of my fittings on line at Discount Hydraulic Hose.com
    Thanks,
    dEo

5. DVolk

cool , ive been trying to figure out what to use for fuel line on my crew cab dodge , i didnt know you could use air line , how much does the teflon line run ? , im also trying to side if i should add a second fuel filter set up some place under the fram,e or not ?

DVolk , Dec 22, 2014