Are You Aware of This?

HOME SALES TAX

I thought you might find this interesting, -- maybe even SICKENING!

The National Association of Realtors is all over this and working to get it repealed, -- before it takes
    effect. But, I am very pleased we aren't the only ones who know about this ploy to steal billions from
    unsuspecting homeowners. How many realtors do you think will vote Democratic in 2012?

Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will pay a 3. 8% sales tax on it? That's $3,800 on
    a $100,000 home, etc. When did this happen? It's in the health care bill, -- and it goes into effect in 2013.
    Why 2013? Could it be so that it doesn’t come to light until after the 2012 elections?

So, this is ‘change you can believe in’?

Under the new health care bill all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3. 8% sales tax If you sell a $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax. This bill is set to screw the retiring generation, -- who often downsize their homes.

Does this make your November, 2012 vote more important?

Oh, you weren't aware that this was in the ObamaCare bill? Guess what; you aren't alone! There are more than a few members of Congress that weren't aware of it either.

You can check this out for yourself at:

ObamaCare Flatlines: ObamaCare Taxes Home Sales - Clobbers Middle-Class Americans - Blog - GOP. gov

Just another email posted as received.
    Harvey Barlow

2008 Ram 3500 SLT QC & Chassis w/ CM bed
    2007 HitchHiker Discover America 32 LKTG
    2010 Goldwing XM/Nav

Sorry Harvey. . . that one just isn't true. See the article HERE on politifact. com for complete details.

Best regards,

John L.
    2014 White Ram 3500 Laramie 6x6 (a.k.a.: "Slobber") CC, LB, Aisin, 4.10's, Factory 5th/Goose, Edge Insight
    Born in Saltillo, MX on 1/22/2014 at 3pm. Weight: 8435 lb, Length: 259.3"

Retired and RV'ing full-time in a 2007 Arctic Fox 25R travel trailer

Blog: Home is Where our Wheels Are

I never regret posting bogus information about the nobama communist regime but to my fellow forum posters I regret sharing bogus information with you.

One of my friends sent it to me yesterday via email. I should check these things but they sound so much like what pelugly, gried, nobama, and the rest of the communist party want to do I thought it was likely accurate.
    Harvey Barlow

2008 Ram 3500 SLT QC & Chassis w/ CM bed
    2007 HitchHiker Discover America 32 LKTG
    2010 Goldwing XM/Nav

JLandry: Are you saying that "Politifact" and it's writers, Emery and Murphy are never wrong? Check out their "truth-o-meter" ratings on just about all of Ronald Reagan"s doings as president. Appears to me these two guys are flat out anti-republican. Have you checked the health care bill yourself, I haven't. It, or something close to it, may be there. They had to come up with a way to pay for this Boondoggle. Then again the letter may be a hoax. Quoting one side or the other, will usually get you into trouble. Both sides tell things the way they want it heard. By the way, I'm an Independent.

86/92 Retro D-250, 5. 9 Cummins w/auto, 2wd - 256,000 / 96 Ram 1500 short bed, 318 w/auto, 4wd - 323,000 / 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4. 0 w/auto, 4wd - 251,000 Dodge/Chrysler all the way
    Last edited by JMDancoe; 03-23-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Whether or not this is true, Big Ben is already doing a pretty good job of "screwing the retiring generation".
    03 2500 4x4 reg. cab 48RE HO. Dynatrac hubs, BD Super B turbo and manifold, Rokktech CPS, AFE intake elbow.

Reagan! I just finished breakfast, I don't want to lose it just yet.

Partly true. Capital gains on home sales over $500,000. 3. 5 percent sales tax plus capital gains. $ 500,000. That wasn't hard to get a few years ago.
    04.5 reg. cab,3:73 LSD, 6spd, Jake.

The way I read it is if the profit exceeds $ 500K with married filing joint an extra tax (in addition to capital gains) will be applied to the remaining profit but the allowance does not apply to vacation or rental properties. In other words, they’re telling us that we’ve made enough money…right? You work your rear off the better part of your life, pay off your home, buy a vacation home at the river and buy a few rentals only to have the Feds’ dip in even further. If O-Care stays intact it will certainly change my plan for when to sell the Ca. properties. The way I see it; pure income re-distribution.
    ...taking one more glance over your shoulder at the good ol' girl that just brought you thru hell at the end of a long day....

99' 2500 SLT QC 2WD AT Airdog 100 Isspro Gauges PDR HX35TC
    06' H.O. 6spd. 3500 QC 4x4 SLT.