Gorilla Juice in the manual transmission

I changed out the oil in my transmission to Gorilla Juice and noticed some issues and was wondering if some one else had the same experiences.

1) Shifting was all but physically impossible after the truck sat overnight. The effort required was amazing. It's not getting below 70 degrees where I live right now, so I can't imagine what winter would be like. I removed two quarts of the GJ and replaced it with the recommended mopar stuff. Now the shift effort is acceptable. Replacing one quart of the GJ might have reduced the shift effort, too.

2) the inside of the cab smells like GJ, specifically the sulfur in it, after the truck sits. the outside of the transmission is completely dry, no drips/weeping/drops of GJ anywhere. Also, I did not fill up the tranny with an extra quart. And, when I changed out the fluid, I made sure to come in and clean up/shower/change before I went for a test drive. I've even had the truck interior detailed, in case I had some left on the bottom of a shoe or something. Since the initial changing of the oil four weeks ago, the intensity of the smell has not diminished. If you leave the truck parked in the sun for an hour or two and then open the door, the distinct sulfur odor hits you in the face. It seems to go away as you drive, but it might just be nasal fatigue.

3) this is the same oil that is used in the transmission in my sports car. The box is a borg warner wc T5 with straight cut gears and dog engagement.
    Gone, but not forgotten---
    '97 2500 5 speed, 4:10 gears, +257k miles

New---
    2010 2500 6 speed, 3.73 gears

Standard Transmission recommended 7 qts of Pennsoil Synchromesh to me.

Another member in Hemet was told Amsoil MTF also.
    '07 2500 regcab 4wd,5.9,SLT,G-56,Northstar TC800 popup 24/7.

WTF is gorilla juice,and why use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JRS View Post
    I changed out the oil in my transmission to Gorilla Juice and noticed some issues and was wondering if some one else had the same experiences.

1) Shifting was all but physically impossible after the truck sat overnight. The effort required was amazing. It's not getting below 70 degrees where I live right now, so I can't imagine what winter would be like. I removed two quarts of the GJ and replaced it with the recommended mopar stuff. Now the shift effort is acceptable. Replacing one quart of the GJ might have reduced the shift effort, too.

I don't have a comment on Gorilla Juice since I don't know much about it. However, I can comment on the G56 trans shifting issues. When my '07 was new, it took all I could to get that thing in gear. When cold, it was nearly impossible to get in reverse. After about 60K, it shifts smooth as butter. Not sure what the issue was, but it is a different trans now.
    07 2500 4x4, Quad Cab, 5.9L, G56.
    04.5 2500 4x4, Quad Cab, Sport, Auto.
    2010 Ram 1500, Crew Cab, 4x4.

the gorilla juice is to thick for cold weather. we run a fleet of g56's used a different oil in each and monitored temp. get one gallon synthetic syncromesh sae 50 transmission fluid a d mix it with one gallon 5w-30 synthetic syncromesh transmission fluid. brands not important. we use dello and amsoil because that is what i keep in stock. use 7 quarts in the g56. as far as smell i think in your 2010 you will need to mod the vent tube. the earlier models did not have this problem
    0635004x4duallyqcg56,dynatrac,,bd exhaust brake,m101181 donaldson muffler,cfm+ intake,winspeed delete,taylor wings,luberfiner bypass filter,smarty jr psm cold air,cool hose,tag,air tab's,reese 20k 5th wheel,pdr cam,ddp 50 hp injectors,62-65-13-ss,ss manifold+blankets,2 micron cat filter,hid and led

I would try the Amsoil MTG, it's more in line with the spec the MB put out for the G56 than GJ or syncromesh.

I called Blumenthal's asking their opinion and never got a call back on the subject.

Mine gets pretty annoying when hot and idling w/Pennsoil.

What does it do the ATF didn't?

Quote Originally Posted by AH64ID View Post
    What does it do the ATF didn't?
    Just going by Standard's recommendation. No difference in shifting quality.

What's the difference when hot and idling then?

With the dmf deleted and fluid up to temp,I get a mild gravelly sound in neutral and pedal out as nearly all of us get.

Thus the quest for an alternative lubricant that will suppress the sound,lubricate and afford easy shifting under cold conditions.

Standard is seeing premature internal wear with the G-56's and surmises it's the ATF,thus the recommendation of a thicker fluid.

That's what I figured, but you know about assumptions.

My dad is having is fluid swapped out this week, he didn't have a change to make it to his Amsoil rep, so he is going to run Redline MT-90.

After 2000 miles the sulfur smell has almost gone away completely.
    Gone, but not forgotten---
    '97 2500 5 speed, 4:10 gears, +257k miles

New---
    2010 2500 6 speed, 3.73 gears