Not open for further replies.
  1. budnate

2. blizzard

Yea I would say a gone a little to far.

blizzard , Dec 16, 2012
  3. JR

They should have shown the fight afterwards :D

4. BGlidewell

why do these contests always end the same? Never saw a dodge lose one. :)

BGlidewell , Dec 17, 2012
  5. softailer

That was a perfect example of "IGNORANCE"

softailer , Dec 17, 2012
  6. DNDracing TDR MEMBER

I saw this last night, and it looks a little hokey to me? The tires on the Cheby never move, was he just there to get drug around? Why wasn't he trying?

Also, I know it was hard to see, but I don't see the "Duramax/Allison" badging on the Cheby, wondering if it really was a diesel.

Obviously I would take my Dodge over a Cheby every day of the week, but this video seems like a bit of a hoax.

DNDracing , Dec 17, 2012
  7. Simplysmn TDR MEMBER

That was the funny part it was a Chevy Gasser running his mouth about how bad he would drag the dodge . But in real life he never stood a chance .

Simplysmn , Dec 17, 2012
  8. DNDracing TDR MEMBER

So this is real? Confirmed that nothing on this video is staged?

If it is/was, then I would have to agree with softailer, than is an extreme case of ignorance.

DNDracing , Dec 17, 2012
  9. JR

it may have been staged, but I dont think so. In the beginning, you can hear the gasser revving up right after they tightened the chain up. Maybe the kid didnt know what he was doing and had the transfer case in the high side, which would explain why he never spun a tire. Either way, he definitely got drug through a ditch and around the parking lot with his brakes locked up. Judging by the tire smoke when they came around the corner at the end of the video, theres a good chance he flat spotted his tires a little. I bet when daddy jumps in his truck the next morning to go to work he wonders why his tires feel out of balance all the sudden :-laf

The Chevy even had a slight advantage having a higher hitch point. Guess it wasnt enough :D

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  10. DNDracing TDR MEMBER

Actually watched it again after my post, and heard what you mentioned, he was revving it up like he was getting ready. Someone posted this on facebook and tagged me in it last night, and when I watched it then, my first reaction was it was fake.

It was funny to see how quickly some of my bowtie buddies commented on it making excuses for why the Cheby "lost".

DNDracing , Dec 17, 2012
  11. Simplysmn TDR MEMBER

Yes it was Real but I hope this show's all the gasser's that they don't have a Leg to stand on against a diesel in a tug off .

Simplysmn , Dec 17, 2012
  12. JR

We have a local truck night every week during the summer at Yankee Lake. A couple started it years ago on their property. Initially, it was just a couple of mud pits and a few trails. As it gained popularity, theyve added more pits of different difficulty, tons of 4x4 trails, rock crawls, and truck pulls on a concrete pad. Its gotten so big that some big competion shows up for the money prizes. Trucks gone wild shows up once a year, and they recently added some mud dragsters every 4th of July. Theyve even modded some full sized school buses with 5 ton top loader axles and 42" mud tires and they give people a tour of the property. The thing goes through a pretty impressive mud hole :-laf While its neat to see some of the big money mud trucks dropping down in the pits, I never make it much further than the truck pulls. Sure some people show up in plain jane run what ya brung rigs but theres alot of guys that bring their rigs in on trailers. The hard core guys have lots of tricks up their sleeve to get an edge on the next guy. Watching the good ones is kind of like watching a chess match, lots of strategy involved. Far from the guys on you tube that just mat it to the floor and roast the tires off the truck where it sits :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  13. Cosmo

I just want to know if that Chevy bent/broke a tie rod.

Cosmo , Dec 17, 2012
  14. budnate

gasser or not getting drug across the lot over a curb across the field... then picking up speed around the lot we go back to the crowd... . WOW... :eek:... . had to be one hell of a ride for the chevy driver... he wont want to hook to anyone for awhile after that, lol.

B.

budnate , Dec 17, 2012
  15. S.Morris

He for sure won't "speak out of school" till he finds out who is doin the teachin!

S.Morris , Dec 18, 2012
  16. Flying_gage

Whether this is a fake or not, I have never understood this type of showing off? When I was a kid, we didn't have the cash to repair thousands of dollars worth of carnage. Seems incredibly stupid to me. What happened to good 'ole drag racing, (on a closed course with proper sanctioning of course :).

Flying_gage , Dec 19, 2012
  17. JR

I would be willing to bet money neither of those kids owned those trucks. From the looks of it Im guessing they were no older than 20 or there abouts. Daddy probably let them out for the evening to go on a date or out with friends or something and this is the end result :-laf