Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Water/Meth Injection

Hi all,

With all the restrictions in place on putting programmers on the new trucks, aka warranty issues, can i assume this also applies to water/methanol injection systems? I don't want to do something that will void my warranty. Really missing my Edge juice w/attitude i had on my 07 Ram, that's for sure.
    2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Crewcab Dually
    2013 Keystone Montana High Country Fifth Wheel

Tom

http://www.panhandlesynthetics.com
    http://www.bestdieseloilsite.com
    An Amsoil Independent Direct Dealer

Any add on's that do not have a EO number are not legal. Any added or removed equipment may affect warranty.
    94 2500 4x4 5 spd Carli performance 2.0 with full leafs
    2005 2500 Quad 4x4 48re,Carli dominator 3.0 plus long travel air bags, Baja proven and enough power to make it work

EPA is really taking all the "FUN" out of this. . . . .

2013 SLT 2500 Crew Cab Short Bed. Auto Tranny. SpynTec Free wheel hubs. ExTang Tri fold solid tanu cover Leveling kit, 285-70-17 Firestone's on Ram 6 spoke Alu. wheels

EPA won't be satisfied until they drive every motor vehicle manufacturer out of business leaving only limousine liberals riding and the rest of us pedaling cheap Chinese bicycles or walking. Politicians and government workers will enjoy expanded train and subway transportation provided free of charge by us chumps (credit to Mike Ellis for the word).
    Last edited by HBarlow; 02-17-2013 at 05:46 AM.
    Harvey Barlow

2008 Ram 3500 SLT QC & Chassis w/ CM bed
    2007 HitchHiker Discover America 32 LKTG
    2010 Goldwing XM/Nav

time to start buying up old p-pumps and 12 valve blocks!!!.
    2014 Ram 3500, Laramie 4x4 CC Dually, Aisin, Western Brown, B&W
    06 Ram 2500 TRX-4: Mag Hytec Differential covers, Westach gauges, Mopar A-Pillar mount, B&W Turnover Hitch, Infinity Speakers, BD Steering Stabilizer Brace, Silverline Exhaust System! HeaterTreater HVAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate View Post
    time to start buying up old p-pumps and 12 valve blocks!!!.
    Still have mine,bought new in December 93
    2005 2500 Quad 4x4 48re,Carli dominator 3.0 plus long travel air bags, Baja proven and enough power to make it work

They aren't really enforcing it down to this level. I doubt your local inspection guy is going to notice. Another option is just make your meth injection system easy to remove.

I wonder if an oil analysis (done by warranty station) would clue them into your use of methanol on the motor? Just a hypothetical question for the group.
    Corey
    2012 3500 HO Dually, 3.73 l/s - CNG*
    Weekend Warrior SL3005 loaded heavy- killed 2 gassers already...

The Cali smog training video shows exactly what and where to look for mods by brand

Why do you want to add this to your new truck? The days of Mod's I think are behind us, these trucks have more power than anyone really needs right off the lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by TTimmons View Post
    Hi all,

With all the restrictions in place on putting programmers on the new trucks, aka warranty issues, can i assume this also applies to water/methanol injection systems? I don't want to do something that will void my warranty. Really missing my Edge juice w/attitude i had on my 07 Ram, that's for sure.
    2012 Ram 3500 2 WD Laramie CC, DRW, Max Tow (SOLD)
    2005 Dodge Ram Laramie 4X4 3500 SRW (SOLD)

Computer electronics of new engines are likely to detect any modification that alters performance parameters and set codes, perhaps even activate a limp home mode.
    Harvey Barlow

2010 Goldwing XM/Nav

It's not for horsepower, it's for keeping my EGT's down while towing. Another option i guess would be a bigger intercooler. Might be safer to go that route instead. I know most of Banks Performance Products have an EO number for them, so they should be safe.

Tom

Why do you need to worry about keeping egt down while towing?

Your egt will not exceed a safe level. If the truck is unmolested you can't harm it running it all day with your foot to the floor with a heavy trailer behind.
    Harvey Barlow

2010 Goldwing XM/Nav

Well that must be the difference between the 2500 and 3500. My 07 2500 consistently saw 1300 degrees on numerous occassions, so i just assumed it would be the same for the 3500. Hey, i'm all for saving money if i can. If i don't need it, that's great! My money is better of spent elsewhere, like campgrounds, vacations, and beer supply. . . not neccessarily in that order of course!

Tom

My son had the snow water/meth on his 04 along with 50hp injectors and some magical black box that made it run like a STRIPED A** APE ( they can really run cause National Geo cant get a picture of one ) It was fun It would put a smile on anyone's face with a heartbeat BUT THE BOTTOM LINE is that it cost lots of money to do what? I asked him why? he said you had fast cars,trucks so what's the difference? NONE Now its back to stock except for the 50hp injectors and he still gets to the place he wants to go almost as fast but without all the OTHER PROBLEMS THAT COME UP.

BIG
    04.5 FS2500 ,Air bags ,mag hitec pan and cover,Air aide,pre luber,Espar heater,extreme air compressor,Rhino liner,DTT48RE

"A horse will kill you by accident; a mule will kill you on purpose. Mules are smarter than horses."

1300 means nothing. The '04. 5 HO 5. 9 engines were tested at full power, full load by Cummins engineers years ago at 1425 - 1450 for long periods of time. All engines since then will routinely show those temps when working hard. That's what they were designed and tested to do. An engine that won't produce those egts is not fueling correctly or providing sufficient air.

Save your money. Just drive it and enjoy.
    Harvey Barlow

2010 Goldwing XM/Nav

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast