Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    With an auxiliary filter setup like this, is there any additional concern to fuel gelling in the winter? Do they make one with a heating element for colder environments or is it not something to worry about?
    '04.5 QC SB 4x4 Auto Laramie, Banks Six Gun/PDA, Banks Exhaust, Self made PSM Air box mod/w Cool Black Hose, Prodigy brake controller, Redline Fluids front to rear, 5100 Bilsteins, Carli diff guard

Fuel gels at 17.5 f .maybe think about a blanket that they use on backflow devices .
    2004.5 LWB 2wd , Volant cold air intake,custom H.I.D.'s w/Fogzilla 15,000 lumens forward lighting, 3" front lift ,Triple Pillar Gauges, Amsoil Dual Remote Bypass, CFM+ Intake. SMARTY JR. Straight piped, Goerend Trans parts

Good Judgment Comes From Experience

Experience Comes From Bad Judgment

If the fuel is not properly treated the first exposed filter inline is generally where gelling occurs. Fleetguard does sell filter heads with heaters, and you can tap into the OEM heater to trip a relay (this is how mine is wired).

I also have insulation on my exposed filter to help keep the fuel in the filter warm.

AH64ID not to hijack thread but how is your rebuild coming along?
    2004.5 LWB 2wd , Volant cold air intake,custom H.I.D.'s w/Fogzilla 15,000 lumens forward lighting, 3" front lift ,Triple Pillar Gauges, Amsoil Dual Remote Bypass, CFM+ Intake. SMARTY JR. Straight piped, Goerend Trans parts

Slow and steady, should be out of the machine shop next week. AFIK all the parts, minus injectors, are here.

Quote Originally Posted by AH64ID View Post
    Slow and steady, should be out of the machine shop next week. AFIK all the parts, minus injectors, are here.
    Great keep us up

Not much to worry about here in Texas with fuel gelling. FWIW, Cat sells a F/W seperator filter with optional fuel heater built into the polycarbonate bowl.
    2014 Ram 3500, Laramie 4x4 CC Dually, Aisin, Western Brown, B&W
    06 Ram 2500 TRX-4: Mag Hytec Differential covers, Westach gauges, Mopar A-Pillar mount, B&W Turnover Hitch, Infinity Speakers, BD Steering Stabilizer Brace, Silverline Exhaust System! HeaterTreater HVAC.

Just installed the dual filter kit on my '04. Pretty straight forward install. There is tight clearance between the "J" pipe and the filter base when trying to tighten one of the mounting nuts. You will need to use a standard 12 point socket (thin wall). Took me 2.5 hours on my back in the driveway. I took my time and reread the directions a couple times. I was kinda surprised about how much fuel line I had to cut out (17"). I also made sure that I stayed away from bends so I would have straight pipe to seal to with the compression fittings. The truck was parked nose up in the driveway and there was very little fuel in the line. I filled the filters with fuel, bumped the starter, waited for the fuel pump to stop and fired it up. There was no hesitation or sputter. I let it idle for a few minutes while I checked for leaks. No leaks and the truck runs fine. I will take it out on the freeway this afternoon and see if the fuel pump still keeps up.
    Rob

2004, 305HO, 2500HD, 4x4, Laramie, Long bed, NV5600, AFE Turbo Back 4", Bilstein 5100's, Lorenz 6% Coils & Minipacks, Luke's Link TB Bushings, Snugtop Hi-Liner, Vulcan Performance Steering Box Stabilizer, Bushwacker Street Flairs, 285-70/17E BFG AT

sweet... due to prior obligations, I didnt get to install mine this weekend. Really wanted to since I traveled across the state of Texas pulling my camper and just cringed every time I stopped to buy fuel in the middle of nowhere.
    It will go on this coming week though!.
    2014 Ram 3500, Laramie 4x4 CC Dually, Aisin, Western Brown, B&W
    06 Ram 2500 TRX-4: Mag Hytec Differential covers, Westach gauges, Mopar A-Pillar mount, B&W Turnover Hitch, Infinity Speakers, BD Steering Stabilizer Brace, Silverline Exhaust System! HeaterTreater HVAC.

There are no noticeable performance issues with my "weak" lift pump. I figure if the lift pump overcomes atmospheric pressure and the filter set up can flow more than what a stock truck requires, I will not see any difference, until the filters plug up.
    Rob

2004, 305HO, 2500HD, 4x4, Laramie, Long bed, NV5600, AFE Turbo Back 4", Bilstein 5100's, Lorenz 6% Coils & Minipacks, Luke's Link TB Bushings, Snugtop Hi-Liner, Vulcan Performance Steering Box Stabilizer, Bushwacker Street Flairs, 285-70/17E BFG AT

I'm considering adding the single filter unit to my short bed. Has anyone installed the single filter on a short bed able to comment on the space available? The single filter kit says it was designed for the long bed truck, see below:

* PLEASE NOTE: This Single Filter Kit was designed and produced for a long-bed 2003-2007 5.9 Cummins diesel, but may work on other applications with minor modifications. Use your own discretion when ordering this kit as refunds will not be given. Also, please make sure you have enough room under your truck on the frame rail to mount it. You will need approximately 20" of free space in front of the fuel tank to install it properly. The Dual Filter Kit below is a much better option for short-bed trucks as it takes far less room to install it. Typically mounts at rear of drivers door underneath.
    2005 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT Quad Cab, Auto Transmission, Tire Gate, Stock Everything Else

I don't remember having any kind of concern when I installed on my sig truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaring1961 View Post
    I'm considering adding the single filter unit to my short bed. Has anyone installed the single filter on a short bed able to comment on the space available? The single filter kit says it was designed for the long bed truck, see below:

* PLEASE NOTE: This Single Filter Kit was designed and produced for a long-bed 2003-2007 5.9 Cummins diesel, but may work on other applications with minor modifications. Use your own discretion when ordering this kit as refunds will not be given. Also, please make sure you have enough room under your truck on the frame rail to mount it. You will need approximately 20" of free space in front of the fuel tank to install it properly. The Dual Filter Kit below is a much better option for short-bed trucks as it takes far less room to install it. Typically mounts at rear of drivers door underneath.
    04 quad cab 305 4X4, 48RE, silver Bilsteins, Ravelco, Dynalocks, dash pod with Auto Meter gauges, Unagoose, Mag-Hytec DD trans pan and rear diff cover, Cat fuel filter, Garmon Stage 1 trans, Carli BJ s

If you look at the pictures on their web site you can see that the single mounts in a different spot farther back on the frame than the double filter setup. The double filter bracket attaches to the two rear driver side seat bolts. There may be some other considerations such as where the bends are in the fuel lines on a short vs long box.
    Rob

I see this is on the 3rd gen forum. Would it work with my 2011 4th gen? Been looking for awhile for better filtration, not found much other than the Mopar heavy duty filter.
    2011 2500 Crew Cab, 650ftlbs with 68RFE 3.73 differentials, nfab steps, linex bed
    1968 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback 340 4spd

This should work if you are just looking for additional filtration. Glacier Diesel‘s MK-2 Big Line Kit for the Ram Cummins 6.7L engine. They offer two different version one for the 07.5-09 and the other for 10-12 MY; both sell for $219. They use a Fleetgaurd filter part number FF5320 and will flow at 100GPH with a delta T (pressure drop) of less than 1PSI. This is per the Glacier Diesel Specs on the filter and kit.

I am using one on my truck after the stock filter and before the CP3 pump, see pictures attached.

Here is the link if you are interested. http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/de...dept_id=08-003

Jim W.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    08 2500HD Mega Cab SLT, 6.7L CTD 68RFE,Optix Gauges Pyro,Boost,Trans Temp A Piller mount, Mag-Hytec Trans Pan, Front & Rear Diff Cover, Smarty, MBRP 5" Exhaust, Silver, Westin Side Steps, Line-X Spray in Bed Liner over the rails, Bed Cover, Prodigy BC, 15K Reese hitch and pulling a 11K 5er

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast