Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DZinger TDR MEMBER

I have a right front wheel bearing going and will replace both just because. Will also replace rears due to the fact that I tow a very large and expensive fifth wheel. Anyone have personal knowledge/recommendations as to brand and why? Timken, FAG, SKF etc? Prefer NOT to go with MOOG or MEVOTECH for obvious reasons.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    DZinger , Dec 14, 2014
  2. mwilson TDR MEMBER

Timken hands down. I can't purchase them locally any more so I order them on Amazon.

Personal and company vehicles get Timken period. Tried others in the past, they do not hold up.

mwilson , Dec 14, 2014
  3. jhenderson

I understand doing both fronts but why do the rears? The rear are a totally different design. They are oil bath and have a history of long service. I'd leave them alone. If it ain't broke don't fix it. It's just an opportunity for self induced failure.

jhenderson , Dec 14, 2014
  4. mwilson TDR MEMBER

That's a good point. The rears rarely bother and only see the light of day if a wheel seal fails.
    I agree, if your seals are not leaking leave the rears bearings alone.

Mike.

mwilson , Dec 14, 2014