1. Alan Reagan TDR MEMBER

Who makes a good cargo bar for the truck bed? I've looked at the Hitchmates made by Heinenger and they are steel and prone to rust (quickly). I would like a good stout aluminum one but can find any to look at.

Alan Reagan , May 13, 2015
  2. mfurrh55

Try a truckstop

mfurrh55 , May 13, 2015
  3. NIsaacs TDR MEMBER

4. mwilson TDR MEMBER

Truckstops, truck dealers, and trailer dealers will have them. Get a long one and shorten it to what you need instead of paying extra money for a custom one.

We sell Kinedyne, that is a very popular brand and should be easy to find in your area...

http://www.kinedyne.com/products/140/saf-t-lok-bars.html

Mike.

mwilson , May 14, 2015
  5. Alan Reagan TDR MEMBER

The ones for tractor trailers are too wide. Pickup bars are usually 40-70 inch.

Nick, I couldn't access your link. It was blocked for some reason. I managed to find an aluminum one (Cargo Maxx I think) that is heavy duty with good reviews. They want about $80 for it. Ouch.

Alan Reagan , May 18, 2015
  6. mwilson TDR MEMBER

Alan, you can shorten them yourself.

mwilson , May 18, 2015
  7. Alan Reagan TDR MEMBER

Mwilson, We must have been posting at the same time. What do you do to shorten them.......take off the foot (non adjustable end) and cut it there? I wasn't sure if those could be removed. That is a great idea for sure.

8. mwilson TDR MEMBER

Alan, that is exactly what you do. It's only a hollow tube with the foot bolted to it. I am referring to the Kinedyne brand only, not familiar with other brands such as Ancra.

Kinedyne Part Number 10085.

Remove the through bolt, take the foot off and cut the tube to the desired length. Drill a new hole for the through bolt and re-assemble.

The fastest $60.00 you will ever save!!!!:D

IMG_20150518_094727524.jpg #ad

IMG_20150518_094727524.jpg #ad

Last edited: May 18, 2015
    mwilson , May 18, 2015
  9. Alan Reagan TDR MEMBER

Mwilson, Those are some stout looking bars. Thanks for the info about cutting them. For some reason, I was thinking they would be press fit but with the thru bolt, that should be easy enough to shorten up. I appreciate the info.